From deep theoretical foundations to understanding the societal impacts of data, it is critical to draw upon individuals with a variety of perspectives and experiences to establish the UChicago vision for Data Science and to define the field. We strive to create a climate where all members can participate fully. We also acknowledge the historical and present-day inequalities and the larger systems and structures that have contributed to a lack diversity among data scientists and actively work to redress them. This understanding is critically important to how we lead as we build the field and educate the next generation of data scientists.
This Committee commitment aligns with the dedication to diversity in the Physical Sciences Division and in the University as a whole. We are united in our shared responsibility to build effective and sustainable infrastructure to create a campus climate where all members are valued, respected, and heard.
EDI at UChicago
- EDI Office of the Physical Sciences Division
- Graduate Recruitment Initiative Team (GRIT)
- Center for Identity and Inclusion
- Office of Multicultural Student Affairs (OMSA
- First generation, low-income, undocumented student support services
- Office of LGBTQ Student Life
- Women in Graduate Science
- Association for Women in Mathematics
- UChicago Physical Sciences Division — Office of Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
- Student Disability Services
- UChicago CARES